Sri Srimad Gour Govinda Swami Maharaja
It is said that Sri Nityananda Prabhu is more merciful, more magnanimous, more munificent than Sriman Gauranga Mahaprabhu. So we are singing that song, nitai guna-mani amara, nitai guna mani...
1. Srila Lochana Dasa Thakura says, “Sri Nitai came to Gauda-desa with a flood of krsna-prema, with a flood of love of Godhead. He made the whole world inundated with that flood of prema.”
2. And with that flood, He came and inundated the whole land. Dubilo bhakata-gana dina hina bhase, those who are bhaktas, devotees they all drowned, they all blissfully drowned in that premer banya. But the dina hina, the fallen souls they floated, they floated!
3. Lord Nityananda Prabhu offers this pure love of Godhead, indiscriminately. It is pure love of Krsna that is rarely obtained. He distributes this prema with two hands! Two hands! He never discriminates whether one is patita or pamara, most degraded, qualified or not qualified. Brahmar durlabha prema, even it is very difficult on the part of Brahma to get such prema, but Nitai gives indiscriminately.
4. That prema is sindhu, like an ocean. Karuna-sindhu, an ocean of mercy. It is said, Sri Nitai broke down the strong embankment of the ocean of love. Completely devasted that dam! That ocean of love is an unlimited ocean of love. So then a flood came, it rushed in! It was a heavy rush that flooded into every home, ghare ghare bule prema-amiyar ban. It inundated the whole world.
5. Srila Lochan Dasa Thakura says, “He is an unfortunate fellow who doesn’t take shelter of Sri Nitai and does not do the bhajana of Sri Nityananda Prabhu, not begging for the mercy of Sri Nitai. He willingly commits self-suicide, atma-ghati hoilo.
Jaya Sri Nityananda Prabhu ki jaya!
Patita-Pavana Sri Nitaicand ki jaya!
Patita-Uddhara Sri Nityananda ki jaya!